Eggs just may be the closest thing to the perfect food. After all, it’s what nature created to
nourish it’s unborn. These perfect poached eggs are quick and simple and can be the centre piece to any excellent high protein gluten free breakfast.
Eggs (however many you want to make and will fit reasonable in your pot)
A dash of vinegar
1. Fill a small saucepan about 2/3 full of water.
2. Bring the water to a gentle simmer. You don’t want a rapid boil.
3. Add a dash of vinegar. This helps the egg white to coagulate more quickly so it holds together nicely. Not necessary if your eggs are very fresh.
4. Break each egg into a small dish or a cup and slip into the simmering water
5. Set the timer for 3 minutes
6. Remove the eggs one at a time with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel.
The perfect poached egg is still liquid in the centre but not too runny